I spent the majority of my summative project working with and exploring Mastery Connect.
My first priority was to read the tutorials, watch the videos and learn about the website capabilities. I really did think that it seems like a great way to streamline and organize student data. I think that it will be helpful by making assessing more efficient.
What I did:
Created Mastery Trackers:
Looked at District Summative Assessment Options:
-I feel like summative assessment should be given and approved by the district so I did not create any new assessments but spent time organizing the ones they recommend for each grading area.
1. Added all the HM Comprehension and Vocab. sections and mathced them with the standard they fall under.
2. Added certain reading and retelling rubrics.
3. Added Fast oral fluency as well as QRI info.
Put in rubric guidelines under notes: (might change these when performance based assessments are available)
I am excited to try this collection of data to see how it fits the standards I am supposed to be teaching. It did make me realize the holes that this new reporting has and hope that others can see how the collection of standards do not match up evenly with our report card process. I struggled with adding anything of my own because I do not want to put time and effort on something that will change or is being developed by others.
This really made me look back at my standards and see if I am really assessing each area to make sure students are meeting the benchmarks. I was happy to see that I was in some way teaching and assessing all the standards in some capacity. However, I did notice the ones I have been more focused on and the ones that I need to spend more time assessing. Using this tool forced me to see what areas I need to find more ways to assess formatively and summatively.